Victory for Baumgart/Cincea in freezing conditions
Marcos Baumgart and Kleber Cinca once again dominated the Rally Caminhos da Neve, the fifth round of the Brazilian Cross Country Championship. The X Rally Team duo knew how to give everything the X Rally Ranger had to give on the first day and cruised in the remaining stages do claim their fifth stage-win and the second overall rally this season.
“There were a lot of rocks all the way through. We had to be on track, because one stone or another could put you out of the race. We were very concentrated, driver carefully, and so we could win another one. The team worked very well, despite the temperatures that were very, very low”, stated Marcos. This particular region of the Santa Catarina state recorded temperatures of -9,8 degrees Celsius.
The duo closed the rally with almost five minutes of advantage to the second-placed car, the Buggy of José Hélio and Breno Rezende.
Now, the next challenge on the agenda is the Sertões, from August 24th to September 1st.
Official Results – Rally Caminhos da Neve (Top-5):
1. Marcos Baumgart/Kleber Cincea (X Rally Ranger) – 4h39min20s
2. José Hélio/Breuno Rezende (Buggy Giaffone) – a 4min43s
3. Marcos Moraes/Fábio Pedroso (MEM T-Rex) – a 7min58s33
4. Gunter Hinkelmann/Deco Muniz (Mitsubishi ASX) – a 14min50s29
5. Luiz Facco/Humberto Ribeiro (Buggy Giaffone) – a 20muin09s29